1. Tsambika Beach - Head towards the village of Kolymbari and look out for the signs for Tsambika monastery and you will find the gorgeous sandy beach, it has sunbeds and umbrellas for hire and the beach is very quiet with lovely crystal clear waters and amazing views. There is a small Taverna on the beach and watersports are available to keep the kids entertained.
2. Ladiko beach - This beach is formed in a small cove and the temperatures here rocket in this secluded bay, with only a handful of umbrellas and sunbeds for rent the beach never feels too busy. The waters here are perfect for snorkelling and fishing and you can have a very relaxing day on this beautiful beach.
3. Lindos beach - One of the most popular beaches in Rhodes and very popular with families. The beach here is wonderfully sandy with the clear blue Aegean lapping at the sand. Watersports are available here for the kids and there are a few Tavernas and restaurants to keep you fed and watered. Wonder around the corner of the bay and you will find a shallow inlet which is perfect for snorkelling and bathing.
4. Stegna beach - A long sandy beach with excellent views over the bay, Stegna beach is just 29km from the capital and a very pleasant and uncrowded beach for you and your family. The beach and rocky outcrops are perfect for fishing and snorkelling. A small amount of watersports are available along with sunbeds and umbrellas.
5. Anthony Quinn beach - In the same area of Ladiko you will find the smallest stretch of beach, with gently shelving sands the small bay is strewn with massive rocks and pools, its a wonderful area enjoyed by the locals and visitors alike. This area is dotted with romantic coves and small bays and each larger cove has a small fish Taverna from which you will find the best grilled fish on the island.